11.06.2007

Fake Crushes

Fruitfemme tagged me! With a meme. A fun one.

Fictional Characters with whom I Would Gladly Spend Time in a Pool.

However, I don't know that I can name 10. I just don't like the idea of snogging fictional characters. It makes me uncomfortable. I think it's fine if people want to do that, but they should keep it to themselves. I don't want to see it.

That said, this list is in no particular order. These should surprise no one.

  • Stephen Colbert (the satirical character) of The Colbert Report. He is so hot.
  • Mulder from The X-Files.
  • Tony Hill from the BBC's Wire in the Blood (Robson Green)
  • The literary Rochester Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- and Orson Welle's Rochester in the 1944 production of Jane Eyre
- and Toby Stephens' Rochester in the 2007 BBC production of Jane Eyre

ok, moving on...
  • Any literary character who is a Dutch doctor.
  • Goren from Law and Order: Criminal Intent
  • Wentworth from Auten's Persuasion (and Ciaran Hinds who played him in a film was totally snoggable in that particular role)
  • Darcy from Pride and Prejudice as played by Colin Firth!
  • House (played by Hugh Laurie) on House

This list reveals a few disturbing truths. One of which is that I read too much non-fiction, and watch too many reruns. Most of these characters would have been on my list 8 or 9 years ago. My fictional crushes need some updating. In my defense, my unobtainable interests tend to be people like Colbert and US Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald.

Ok mcookies! I'm tagging you!

4 comments:

Sarah Deer said...

stephen colbert makes my toes curl. in a good way.

the fruitfemme said...

Mmm. . . Hugh Laurie + Vicodin + Pool = Mmmmm. What is it about assholes, anyway?
Thanks for playing!!

mcookies said...

You are the totally coolest fake crush-haver in the world. Your crushes might even be nerdier than mine.

mcookies said...

Oh my God, I just realized that Wire in the Blood also stars Simone Lahbib. Who is Scottish. And lovely. If my list had 11 people on it, I might be inclined to include her.

I haven't watched Wire in the Blood but it seems to have a Criminal Intent vibe. Is this true?